What do you value?

We have talked a lot so far this year about our values and what is important to us. So now, we are asking you to put yourself on the line and commit! Have a look at  this ‘sparky teaching’ question:

Question #10

Now post your answer in a comment for us all to read! 

values

31 thoughts on “What do you value?

1. Hi 5/6 MK!
    Good to see two things… Number 1 – you thought the question from my list of “Hmmm”s was worth asking and Number 2 – you seem to think that the same kind of things are important as I do. I love the tag cloud at the bottom of your post and there are a load of really interesting characteristics there. Imagine if, instead of Maths and Science, you had a lesson of Integrity followed by a double period of Innovation! How cool would that be?

Anyway – thanks for your support and I’ll share this link on Twitter to try and get some answer-ers for you!

Sparky

2. Above all I value my family and friends, you are never alone in life if you have them. I also cherish my peaceful momets when I can either read, go for a walk or bike ride or just sit on the grass and listen to the sounds of nature.

3. Hi 5/6 MK,
    I value honesty because being honest to one another is very important. When we are honest to one another we are trusting friends and family. Being honest means you don’t let anything stay inside of you, you tell someone that you trust and know will be kind about it. Also when you are honest you are following in Jesus’s footsteps. Honesty is a big part of our lives it helps us in everyday activities. So honesty is what I value most .
    What do you value most ?
    Lilli

4. Hi 5\6 MK

What I value the most is my family because they’re my rock and I can always go to them if I’m stressing. I also know it’ll work both ways I’ll help them and they’ll help me.I love my family more than anything in the world . Like they say friends come and go but family’s here forever.

5. Hey guys
    A value that I like to see in a person would be respect because having respect is very good for your manners. also it’s good for keeping things a secret having respect means to me you are very courteous of other people and also it means you are cautious of others feelings.
    From Karissa

6. Hi 5/6 MK
    My value is love, because we need to love one another as if they would wanted to be loved back.Love is very important in our family, that we are getting the point of being loved and being save and secure.Love is all about caring and being heart-warming to others.
    what’s your best value?
    Courtney

7. Hi 5/6MK,

I value tranquillity the most, because if everyone was tranquil than we would have a world of peace and respect without wars or fighting. Also if a family values tranquillity than that family will be a place of warmth and security. Tranquillity is important at school and in the playground. At the playground if everyone was tranquil, everyone would have fun and there would be no arguing. If no one cared about being tranquil in our world then there would be no sense of respect, honesty or our safety. That’s why tranquillity is valued most to me. Does anyone else value tranquillity?
    From Bess

8. Hey guys

I value love because love is one of the most important values in the world. Also, loving one another will make everybody happy and not sad.
    What quality do you value?

From Tegan.

9. Hey guys
    because love is one of the most important values in the world. Also, loving one another will make everybody happy and not sad. Love can stop fights invert even friends and even enemies.
    What quality do you value?

From Tegan.

10. Hi everyone!
    I have enjoyed reading your responses and everyone has given great reasons as to why their chosen value is important. I think that kindness is a really important value. It is something the little things we do for one another (a smile, a freshly baked cake, a small gift or card, a kind word, a helping hand) that can really make someone’s day. I believe if everyone in the world was just a little bit kinder and considered other people’s feelings and situation, the world would be a much happier place. Do you think kindness would make a difference to the world?
    Mary

11. Hi guys

My value is happiness because with happiness you will be more comfortable but without it we would always look at the down side. That’s why I’m a positive person.

Christophe

12. Hi 5/6 MK,
    I value understanding because if someone does something to you, you have to understand why they did it and if they say they won’t do it again then you have to trust and understand that as well. Another thing is that if one of your family members try’s to tell you something that they don’t want anyone else to know you have to understand that they want no-one to know and you keep that secret and they can understand you that you won’t tell anyone.
    So these are some of the reasons why I value understanding and that I understand people and what they’re feeling.
    Keeley

13. Hi 5/6 MK,
    I value trust because if you don’t have trust in a friend and if no one has trust in you, you won’t get far in life. A lot of my friends have trust in me and that’s a great thing to have.
    “Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair!”
    From Chloe

14. Hi 5/6 MK
    The value I value the most is perseverance.
    If I persist in something that means I can be the best I want to be.
    Perseverance means to never give up and to try your hardest.
    I think that perseverance builds great skills for life and helps when you go for a job, they can see you are able to do the job well until you have finished the task.

Sienna

15. Hi 5/6 MK
    The value I value most is respect. We must respect each other and ourselves to live a happy life. Respect is like the saying ‘treat others how you would want to be treated’ saying that you shouldn’t do something to someone else that you wouldn’t want done to yourself.
    If you want to be liked and to like other people you must respect there choices and there belongings to truly respect them and have them as your friend. Nothing that anyone says should change or destroy your respect for someone, it should be strong.

16. Hey guys
    My value is respect because I think everyone needs to respect each other. You should respect peoples opinions and ideas. You should respect people’s privacy. You should respect your parents and elders by listening and doing as you are told.

17. Hi Guys,
    I think that justice is a really important value because it leads to equality and fairness. Justice means is that nobody will have less rights than anybody else. As a familiar example, in the playground justice means that in games all students will get a fair go and put a stop to bullying. I also think that if everybody is more just then there will be no wars because people will have respect for the law and others. In turn all of this will make our world a safer, happier and a more caring place. What do you think?
    Xavier

• Great thinking here Xavier. Our world would be a much better place, especially for the poor and marginalised if we all acted with more justice, especially some governments! I think compassion goes hand in hand with justice too.
      Mary

18. Hi class
    My value is caring because I am very caring to other people and animals. I love to be caring to others because I was made by a wonderful family. I am also very caring because I have lots of pets in my house and lots of bugs in my garden. I am also caring because I have two little sisters.

19. Hi everyone,

What I value the most would have to be family because no matter where I go they will always be there for me, friendship could be one for me but friends can sometimes come and go but family is forever, they can be annoying sometimes but we will be together forever, and no one loves me as much as my mum and dad.

From Mackenzie 🙂

20. Hi everyone,

From Mackenzie

21. Hi 5/6 MK,
    I value happiness because when you are happy you feel good about yourself and you have more self esteem and you have belief in yourself. When I am happy I inspire others around me to feel good too and this creates a positive environment for us all. I am most likely to produce my best efforts when I am happy and feeling good about things. When people are not happy they are grumpy and their self esteem is low. When someone is unhappy it makes everyone around them unhappy too. Happiness spreads like a river and a new river can form every day. Doesn’t everyone want to be happy?
    From Hannah

• Yes, Hannah, I do believe that we all want to be happy. It is pretty easy to be happy having such a great class as we do – makes coming to school a pleasure!
      Mary

22. Hi classmates,
    I think I carry the most is happiness. Right now in my life I am happy and proud of my self for what I do. I am happy each day because my classmates, teachers and other people make me happy, by making my day, like telling me I’m a great person or you did the right thing. Thats what makes me happy each day that’s why I carry this!
    From Lucas

• Lucas, I am so glad you are feeling happy and settled. You have really become a true Grade 6 student who is really putting in a terrific effort consistently! Keep it up – it makes me happy to see you happy!
      Mary

23. hey guys i value friendships because friends are always there for you when you are sad, they always make you laugh. I would always do the same for my friends. They always include you in games. With best friends you can talk to them about anything, best friends are forever.

Marco.

24. Hi all
    To me I think happy is an important value because if everyone happy then life would be the best because everyone would get along well

• Hi all
      i think an important value is friendship because if everyone was friends then there would be no war and everyone would happy and get along well.When you’re sad friends make you feel better and happy because close friends are loving and supportive.

25. Hi guys,
    What I value the most is love, because we show love nearly everyday in our lives. When we show love we do it willingly
    eg: when you smile at someone you mean it. When I show love its usually when I’m helping them. Also when somebody shows love to me I can see it in there eyes and I know that they mean what there doing. Love is a very important value in my life and I’m pretty sure it is in every body else’s life to. Also can anyone answer this? Why is everybody’s answer different?

26. Hello everyone. It has been interesting reading all about your values, and what they mean to you all. So good to see that a lot of thought went into most. Upon reflection I think I value communication most as it is essential to all my relationships either with family, friends or work collegues. In communicating it isn’t always the talking it’s the listening too that is important, also the way we treat each other. Thanks for sharing Krystyna

27. Hey guys i value friendships because friends are always there for you when you are sad, they always make you laugh. I would always do the same for my friends. They always include you in games. With best friends you can talk to them about anything, best friends are forever!!!.

Marco.